Thursday, April 25, 2013

Poetry Month - April 25: Button


Today's word, Button, was suggested by my friend and poet, Linda Wallin. I hope she'll write her own poem to post here! In case you didn't realize it, Linda - that's a dare!!


Button

Marvin was a glutton
who always dined on mutton.

which made his girth increase
and his breathing room decrease.

He ate another chop,
Then he heard a mighty POP!

Now, Marvin is a glutton
who no longer has a button!

Well, Linda took me up on my dare and wrote a poem using her word, Button. I LOVE it - here it is:

Poor Buttons was a good dog, I suppose. 
We teased him, as children, God knows.
I bent down to pet him
Just as my aunt fed him. 
I now have a scar on my nose.

Connect with me on Twitter and Facebook.  Plus, sign up for free 
email updates from this blog (in the upper right hand side of the page).

No comments:

Post a Comment